Wednesday, March 28, 2007

New Test Dates

Just a quick post today: they rescheduled some of Tessa's tests for the end of this week. I have heard from some of you that you're actually praying for Tess at the time of these tests, so I want to be sure you're praying at the right time!

The MRI will still be taking place tomorrow (Thursday) at 12:30 pm at Children's Hospital. She will need to be sedated for it, and so they'll be putting in an IV. Tess doesn't enjoy that very much. She was brave last week when they did it, but she didn't know what they were about to do. Now she knows. So pray for courage for her. When that test is finished, they'll use that same IV access to give her the injection for the MIBG test, and then send us home.

We'll head back on Friday morning for an 8:00 am MIBG test, where Tess has to sit perfectly still for around 2 hours. They'll put on a movie for her, and we can be in the room with her. Pray for Jo and I, because the last movie she chose (at her bone scan) was Dora the Explorer, and I'm not sure I can handle any more of that little, animated girl shouting at me from the television!

So if you would be willing, pray during these specific times.
On Tuesday of next week, we meet with Dr. Shamburger (the surgeon) and he'll walk us through all of the results and where we go from here. Thank you so much for the emails, cards, and phone calls. We feel so supported and cared for.

A special thanks goes out to Cameron, my nephew in Ottawa, for remembering to pray for Tessa every night! Cameron is two-and-a-half years old.

2 comments:

shauna said...

Loads of prayers for Tess and the whole family coming your way!

PLEASE call me if you need anything at all.

978-283-4207

Love you guys!
Shauna

Donna said...

You are continuing to be in our prayers.....Tim, I will especially pray for patience for you tomorrow since I, too, have experienced Dora and don't think I could handle more than one of her movies,either. What is it about her that little girls adore??? We loved Tessa's drawings.....tell her we need more, MORE, MORE!
Donna